No Permanent Address
Sunday, December 25
  A Christmas Tradition

Christmas morning. As my first cup of coffee perks, I look under our tree and see loads and tons and bunches of gifts. Most of the gifts are for the kids and the grandkids.

We have a Christmas tradition in our house ... the family gathers every Christmas Morning for breakfast and Santa stuff and opening gifts. There'll be more sausages and eggs and cheese gravy than we'll be able to eat. And it looks like there'll be more presents than we could ever hope to open. Nah, the grandkids will make short work of the gifts.

Any morning I can gather with family is a blessing! I'm especially blessed to be able to gather with family this Christmas morning. I know a lot of homeless people who won't have so much to do this Christmas morning. You see, it's Sunday morning.

Oh yeah! It's Sunday and I gotta’ get going!

You see, every Sunday, I go out to the streets to visit our homeless friends, bringing them food, clothing, and Christian fellowship. I don't miss a Sunday, except for bad weather, vehicle problems, and I think once I was sick. This Sunday's not going to be any different.

Someone said, "But it's a holiday." Gee, God doesn't take a holiday. And neither does homelessness.

"But what about your family and the grandkids and all the gifts?" askes another. Gee, I can see my family and grandkids any day of the week, except Sunday. And Thursday. And some Tuesdays and most Fridays and often Wednesdays. You see, those are the days I try to visit our family of friends who live on the streets. Of course, I'm always around evenings for my grandkids.

This Sunday will be no different for me. Except now, I look outside and see we got some freezing rain last night. I hope the roads are OK and that my friends made it through the night and that I'll have enough sandwiches and coffee to go around. I do have some long johns and socks and boots to share if I come across a friend in need.

Now, I've got to go! I have to load the cooler and scrape the windows and warm up the van and ...

Oh, by the way; if you are thinking of giving our less fortunate family and friends something for Christmas, it's not too late. Shucks, if you're reading this in July, it's not too late to give a gift we all could use everyday; the gift of heartfelt prayers from family and friends.

You probably already pray for the less fortunate.

In fact, in your family, it may already be A Christmas Tradition!


GOD'S BLESSINGS!

Kelly





Christmas Day With Family and Friends

I got to spend Christmas Day with our family and friends on the street. I left home about 8 AM and got back about 6 PM.

Kinda makes for a full day, when you have as many family and friends as I do.

I saw friends today I didn’t even know I had. And, I didn’t get to see some family I was hoping to see. You probably have a lot of family and friends like that, too.

Family and Friends, you know there’s a difference between the two.

I have stories of both family and friends. I share some of those stories here with you.

I take pictures of both family and friends. I share some of those pictures here, too.

I have so many stories and so many pictures and there are so many names to remember that I often get them all shook up. I tell a story and mention a name and show a picture … and you can’t tell who’s who or even if the story is for real.

Unless, you are family.






Cool Harley was happy this Christmas morning. He got an orange, not another lump of coal!



















Trailer Tom awoke with a smile as big as the sunshine this Christmas morning!

















Not all of my friends are homeless; not all in my family have homes. And I don't share all of my pictures and stories with you; I don't know if you are family or friend.

So, when you look here for a picture of family and read here for a story of friends, I’ll let you decide which is which and what is true.

I just hope for this Christmas, you have as many family and friends as I do.

Kelly






 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Everything you do in this life – for good or bad, or for naught – you take to Heaven with you when you die. The good you do is not nearly as important as the bad you leave undone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States
ARCHIVES
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 / 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 / 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 / 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 / 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 / 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 / 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 / 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 / 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 / 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007 / 11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007 /


Powered by Blogger